Regardless of whether you happen to be a professional contractor sourcing materials for a new project or a prudent homeowner attempting to augment your property, it’s worth your while to take a long, hard look at the advantages of using steel components and provisions in today’s day and age:
- Cost-Effective Sourcing: Contrary to popular belief, steel is actually much lighter and less dense when compared side-by-side with timber components, which reduces not only the labour expenditures required to facilitate a build, but the shipping costs as well. Additionally, it’s important to note that steel provisions are pre-engineered to expedite build times and decrease overall project budgets.
- Robust Construct: Steel components are designed and fabricated to withstand inclement weather, heavy snow loads, fire breakouts, and even seismic activity, not to mention the fact that steel features natural pest-resistant properties as well. As such, insurance companies tend to offer lower premiums for modernised metal buildings, which is a huge money saver for both homeowners and business owners alike.
- Eco-Friendly: Steel is incredibly durable and stout, but it’s worth mentioning that it is also fully recyclable and reusable. As a matter of fact, steel is actually the most recycled product in the world, as over 80 million tons of steel is salvaged each year.
- Versatility: Due to the intricate manufacturing process and recent advances in customised fabrication, steel can be moulded and formed to adhere to any shape or size, which greatly enhances the adaptability of today’s construction ventures. For instance, load-bearing pillars that were once thought to be essential can now be augmented with custom-cut steel beams to provide the framework for bump-outs and home additions without sacrificing structural integrity or aesthetic appeal.
As you can see, steel represents the pinnacle of contemporary construction materials, which explains its recent ascension in both the residential and commercial sectors. Before you hire some random stainless steel supplier for your forthcoming project, it’s important to understand exactly what to look out for when attempting to ascertain the most reputable steel specialists in your vicinity.
Fortunately, the remainder of this brief article will help you do just that.
Ensure a Multifaceted Suite of Services
The most distinguished steel specialists, such as Underwoods Steels in Worcester, have been around for many years, and they are able to provide a comprehensive one-stop shop for all of your metal work needs:
- Extensive assortment of structural steel and aluminium stock products, including columns, mild steel rounds, bright flats, non-ferrous provisions, and more.
- Inclusive selection of gas and welding supplies, such as flashback arrestors, hose sets, cutting torches, welding rods, and earth clamps, just to name a few of the most prominent items.
- Wide range of ironmongery and engineering tools, including machine screws, dome nuts, HT hex sets, tee hinges, and adjustable gate eyes among others.
- Comprehensive forge and metal fabrication provisions, ranging from balustrades and bridges to gates, railings, staircases, fire escapes, fence supports, and balconies.
Look for Value-Added Proficiencies
After finding a firm that can checkmark all of the proverbial boxes listed above, the last phase of your research will involve separating the contenders from the pretenders by seeking out the following integral aspects:
- Residential and commercial expertise
- Box discounts for large orders
- Cold and warm forging specialty
- Onsite welding and modification aptitudes
- In-house design specialisation
- Custom-cut fabrication process (per request)
- Inclusive delivery service
- Downloadable brochures replete with detailed product listings
- At least two depots to provide far-reaching services in a multitude of locales
There you have it; the ultimate beginner’s guide to sourcing steel construction components!